Low-cost portable ventilator
saving lives from
As COVID-19 infected patients are filling up hospital beds everywhere, India is rushing to avoid an imminent shortage of the life support machine. With a projected worst-case outcome of over 60% of India’s 1.3 billion population infected, a spike in supply of ventilators isn’t an option but a need.
To solve this problem we have come up with a low-cost portable ventilator Jeevan Lite that can perform both the invasive and non-invasive ventilation across a comprehensive set of modes and settings. It can be used for both Pediatric and adult patients.
1. The System comprises of Mobile display, Jeevan Lite ventilator unit, Breathing Circuit, Power adapter.
2. It can provide various modes of ventilation
pressure-controlled Ventilation (PCV)
Pressure Support Ventilation (PSV)
Assist-Control Ventilation (ACV)
Synchronized Intermittent-Mandatory Ventilation (SIMV)
Pressure Regulated Volume Control (PRVC)
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
3. It runs on both 12v/24v DC supply and 230v AC supply
4. Volume per breath from 200 to 2500 ml
5. Breaths per minute 5 to 30
6. Max pressure 6 to 40 cm of H2O
7. Inhale time 0.5 to 1.5 sec (depending on breaths per min 1:3 to 1:1)
8. PEEP varies from 0-5/10/15 cmH2O
9. Percentage of oxygen range from 21 to 100% with standard BS341 connectors.
10. The system has a failsafe valve for overpressure protection.
11. Optional SpO2 Sensing probe available to maintain systematic feedback with the device.
12. Visual and Audible alarm for leakage detection.
13. the system has a built-in battery with 5hrs run capacity.
14. Plateau Pressure, Minute Volume, Flow rate, Respiratory Rate, PEEP, FiO2, I:E ratio can be displayed on the mobile display unit.